Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Mother Love More Milk Plus Product Review

More Milk Plus (liquid)
I tested out Mother Love's More Milk Plus liquid supplement in hopes to boost my pumping supply which was starting to tank drastically. 

About the product: 

The ingredients include Fenugreek, blessed thistle, nettle, and fennel seed.
you take 1 ml 4 times a day unless you weigh 175 lbs or more then you take 2 ml 3 times a day. It is cautioned to take liquids 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after taking the supplement to maximize results. 



What I liked about the product:

I liked the ease of use. I am not a huge pill taker and thought of having to swallow 3 huge pills 3 times a day freaks me out. This was a simple drop in the mouth and then that was it. I carried it in my purse while I was out and about to make sure that I took it and at work I kept it in my pump bag to make sure that I kept up my regiment at work. With consistent use I did see an upswing in supply in about 3 days. I have heard from other mothers that fenugreek made their children gassy and made them smell like maple syrup but that did not happen when taking this product thank goodness!!!!

What I did not like about the product:

My first turn off was the price. For a small 7oz  bottle it cost me $20. I was thinking maybe $10 but the $20 price shocked me. If you are in a pinch this may not be a good option unless you can find it some where on sale. My second turn off is that it is not sold in very many chain stores around me. I had to actually seek out a friend who sold it at her local shop. My third turn off is the taste. It is a horrible tasting product and the fact that you can not take it with something or chase it with something immediately afterwards was a little a it of torture. The taste lingered the whole 15 minutes until I could drink anything! it tasted like rubbing alcohol mixed with dirt. If you can not get passed the taste this may not be the product for you. 

Overall: 

Mother Love is a good brand and their products worked well for me. Besides the taste, the product is good and it worked for me with in 3 days of taking the proper dosages as instructed on the label. With all herbal based products it is not 100% effective for all mothers but I did have good luck with it and it did not bother my nursling at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me!